Facebook is full of countless communities and when it comes to publishing there is no shortage of useful groups to join.
I recommend you spend some time researching groups that can help you succeed and to get you started here are some recommendations!
Board game communities
This first list of Facebook groups are all gaming communities.
These have been created by gamers for gamers and should not be used for direct marketing or asking publishing questions. However, they are still a great tool for engaging with the wider community and watching trends.
- The Dice Tower (20k+ members) – https://www.facebook.com/groups/133706257439766/
- Board Game Trading and Chat UK (20k+ members) – https://www.facebook.com/groups/UKboardgametrade/
- Board Game Spotlight (20k+ members) – https://www.facebook.com/groups/BoardGameSpotlight/
- Board Game Revolution Community (50k+ members) – https://www.facebook.com/groups/boardgamerevolution/
- Solo Board Gamers (30k+ members) – https://www.facebook.com/groups/soloboardgamers/
- BoardGameGeek (100k+ members) – https://www.facebook.com/groups/132851767828/
- THE BOARDGAME GROUP (50k+ members) – https://www.facebook.com/groups/theboardgamegroup/
Crowdfunding specific communities
Tabletop Game Kickstarter Advice (7.5k+ members)
This is a fantastic place to ask crowdfunding questions.
Board Games Launching on Kickstarter (5k+ members)
You may post your live campaign in this group.
Tabletop Kickstarter Late Backers & Pre-Orders (500+ members)
You may post successfully funded campaigns in this group once they have finished, if they offer late pledges.
BoardGameGeek Crowdfunding Group (5k+ members)
A general community for gamers to discuss crowdfunding projects.
Game Retailers Who Back Kickstarters (2.5k+ members)
The best place to inform retailers about you crowdfunding campaign and to learn how to get retailer backers
Industry specific communities
Art & Graphic Design for Tabletop Games (10k+ members)
A great place to find artists and graphic designers.
Tabletop Publisher Announcements (1k+ members)
The sole purpose of this group is for publishers to post game announcements or solicitations for specific games.
Tabletop Game Job Talents (1k+ members)
Advertise jobs within the industry (and also find a job!)
Game Industry (1k+ members)
A place to discuss the industry with other professionals.
Game Industry News (1k+ members)
A place to make announcements about games to other industry professionals.
Board Game Reviewers & Media (5k+ members)
The best place to find board game reviewers and media who are right for your game!
Do you know any other Facebook groups that you think publishers should be aware of?